Re: RFC: Debian License Information on www.debian.org

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 11:17:29AM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org> [2004-04-30 03:49]:
> > I just completed the first version of these pages (loosly based on the
> > pages of the security team), put them online and added a first
> > license, OPL, based on the summary on debian-legal by Jeremy Hankins.
>
>  I would say, we definitely need to relicense our website[1], then....
> Last time I've heard about the OPL I was told it is free as long as the
> options in VI. aren't used.

Yeah, we should. That's why the severity of the related bug is serious.
My problem is that I'm really unsure on _how_ we can do this. The pages
themself claim that there content is copyright SPI, so the SPI board
would probably do this. But I really don't know if this copyright notice
is actually valid... Tricky questions I think.

> > You can find these pages on http://www.debian.org/legal/licenses/ (and
> > every other mirror of course).
>
>  I would put the <dt> of the DLS in bold or something else so it stands
> out a little more. The link to DLS Index shouldn't point to "index".

Should I use "./" instead of "index"? Is that what you mean?

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>
www: http://www.djpig.de/