Re: Netstrike against software patents

On 2004-04-09 13:41:13 +0100 Reiner Herrmann <reiner@reiner-h.de> wrote:

I'm wondering why some big opensource websites that will be affected by
software patents don't participate in the netstrike against them.

Personally, I will not work for this because the last "netstrike" hurt free software developers (including myself) by removing some useful information web sites from the net for weeks. Already this time, some web sites have been removed. FFII should fix its wording and ask for protests, not closures (and personally, I am surprised supporters of the Foundation for a *FREE* Information Infrastructure only write about "opensource" not free software).

If we close our website, ourselves and our users have already become victims of software patents before they are introduced!

Further, you need to co-ordinate yourselves better. This is at least the third email to debian I have seen. Because you used mostly the same wording, I reply to you both as one.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at