Re: what is "redaction"?

On  6-04-2004, at 22h 47'48", Tomohiro KUBOTA wrote about "what is "redaction"?"
> Hello,
>
> When I translate Debian webpages into Japanese I found a sentence
> which I cannot understand.
> webwml/english/devel/todo/items/60dwn.wml reads:
>
>   Debian Weekly News is looking for contributors. They need some people who
>   keep in touch with mailing lists and news websites to help in the weekly
>   redaction of what's happening in the Debian world.
>   ~~~~~~~~~
>
> What is "redaction"?  My dictionary doesn't have the word.

Have you try the dict program?

'dict redaction' will give you this:

| 2 definitions found
|
| From Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913) [web1913]:
|
|   Redaction \Re*dac"tion\ (r?*d?k"sh?n), n. [F. r['e]daction.]
|      The act of redacting; work produced by redacting; a digest.
|
| From WordNet (r) 2.0 [wn]:
|
|   redaction
|        n 1: putting something (as a literary work or a legislative bill)
|             into acceptable form [syn: {editing}]
|        2: the act of putting something in writing

English is not my native language as well, and sometime I need some
help understanding few word. dict is good and fast. Faster than to reach
a book and search for an word...

Ionel