Re: Proposal: Document reasons for unpackeable software

[CCed aba@d.o, see below]

On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 10:03:25AM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> we should probably list the reasons why software cannot be packaged
> for Debian and distributed on .debian.org hosts on the proper page[1].
> Most of the times this is the result of a (rather long) discussion on
> debian-legal.  A summary would help people understand the problems
> with packaging.

I find this a good idea. The problem is that someone needs to read
debian-legal and then write summaries. I for myself will not read
another high volume mailing list. I talked with Andreas Barth (aba)
last week about something similar (Licence summaries from debian-legal
on www.d.o/legal) and offered to him to do the initial wml coding if he
provides the contents but heard nothing back since then.

So, all for it, but we need someone who offers to do the work (as
always).

Gruesse,
--
Frank Lichtenheld <djpig@debian.org>