Re: TLDP and Debian

Hi,

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 12:06:53AM +0100, Stein Gjoen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am member of The Linux Documentation Project (TLDP)
> 	< http://www.tldp.org >
> and am working on in improving coverage of the document
> collection. Since both projects value freedom and aims at
> producing free systems, I hope we can find a common interest.

Yes.

> I have been busy installing Debian 3.0r1 the last few weeks
> and noticed several tools had premade link lists such as
> web links and RSS links.
>
> TLDP was not listed many places I was looking.

Hmmm, you should have posted to debian-www@l.d.o if it is for web page.

 http://www.debian.org
  --> click Documentation on the left column
 http://www.debian.org/doc/
  --> You see HOWTOs and click
      You have all the key TLDP document listed and index pages.
 http://www.tldp.org/docs.html

The only thing missing is words "The Linux Documentation Project" for me.

That should be addressed to debian-www@l.d.o (CCed)

> This affects many packages, from web pages for web browsers and
> ticker readers to premade web bookmarks and RSS lists. I simply
> have no idea just how many packages there are and how I could
> reach the maintainers efficiently. Rather than trying to file a
> bug report for every package I am hoping that I can reach the
> right people more efficiently here.

As for Mozzila, TLDP is preset link as I see it.

For each package you find (RSS thingy?), it may be best to file bug
report.  See http://www.debian.org/Bugs/

> Considering maintenence releases such as r1 do not include
> updates of documentation it seems important to get this done
> before next Debian release and I don't know the time tables
> planned.

Actually, this is a good point.  Current release process do not do this.
I wish release manager change their mind on release policy.

Release of sarge was planned on December last year.  So I think it will
be soon.

Best regards,

Osamu