Re: [tbm@cyrius.com: Re: Speaker directory]

* Denis Barbier <barbier@linuxfr.org> [2004-01-10 01:02]:
> On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 01:54:03AM -0800, Matt Kraai wrote:
> [...]
>> Look at http://www.debian.org/events/speakers/
>>
>> Ideally, it would say "topic" when there's 1 topic, and "topics" when
>> there are multiple.  However, I'm not sure if this is easily possible.
>
> This is not trivial, a new <ngettext> tag must be added to mp4h to
> handle plural forms.

 Shouldn't be somehow possible to count the embedded <topic> tags in the
<topics> container and perl print "Topic" . ($count == 1) ? "" : "s" or
something like that should be doable, shouldn't it?

 Btw., the layout of the topics doesn't look too well to me, I would
rather even say it kind of sucks. I am thinking of working out a patch
for it, though. Currently it seems like the speakers form their own
paragraph and the topic titles doesn't really belong to it. Maybe a
(invisible) table around it would suffice, like this:

Current:
#v+
Name: Russell Coker
Email:russell@coker.com.au
Previous Talks: http://www.coker.com.au/~russell/talks.html
Languages: English
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Topics:

Security Enhanced (SE) Linux

Name: Bdale Garbee
Email:bdale@gag.com
Previous Talks: http://www.gag.com/~bdale/talks
Languages: English
Location: Colorado, USA
Topics:

History of Debian
Introduction to Debian
Porting Debian
Debian and HP
#v-

Proposed:
#v+
Name:           Russell Coker
Email:          russell@coker.com.au
Previous Talks: http://www.coker.com.au/~russell/talks.html
Languages:      English
Location:       Melbourne, Australia
Topic:          Security Enhanced (SE) Linux

Name:           Bdale Garbee
Email:          bdale@gag.com
Previous Talks: http://www.gag.com/~bdale/talks
Languages:      English
Location:       Colorado, USA
Topics:         History of Debian
                Introduction to Debian
                Porting Debian
                Debian and HP
#v-

 Or maybe right-align the <th> part and valign center the Topic(s) part.
What do you think?

 So long,
Alfie
--
<Aquariophile> ist iptables eigentlich nur ein tool zum verhindern von
    aussenkonnecti,erungen auf gewissen ports oder ist iptables eine firewall?