Re: Demudi.org

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 01:02:06AM -0800, Joshua Kwan wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 11:31:53PM -0800, Tom wrote:
> > One of the "flavors" linked to on
> > http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-nonprofit/ is www.demudi.org --
> >
> > which is running IIS on Windows 2000!
>
> If you'd gone to the site it would be evident that its host is having
> some problems anyway. I don't think it would appear to be running that
> if everything were working smoothly.

Indeed.

The more useful suggestion would be to remove the the link from the
page because the page is producing a nasty error message and not a
useful page -- not because we recognize the error message as coming
from a webserver we don't like.

I'm planning an update of the page in question with information about
the new Debian-NP bootable CD and some other news and updates which
I'll do as soon as CVS access returns. If the DeMuDi site is indeed
down for the count, we can remove the link with the next update.

In any case, this suggestion would have been better directed to
debian-www rather than to -devel.

Regards,
Mako

--