Re: [SECURITY] [DSA-374-1] New libpam-smb packages fix buffer overflow

Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> * Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org> [2003-08-29 07:04]:
> >On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 11:29:08AM +0200, you wrote:
> >>Joeys recent advisory for node was named 374 too and added to the
> >>archive with that number.
> >
> > Hmm. My copy says:
> > [SECURITY] [DSA 274-1] New node packages fix remote root vulnerability
> > (note: *2*74, not 374)
>
>  Yes, I informed him about this and he changed it to 374 and added it
> right ahead into webwml cvs with that number. Sorry that I didn't
> mention that right ahead.

Err no... it was inserted into the CVS before.  The filename was correct,
hence, the "correct" number on the web.  Only the text and subject were
wrong since... as I said... typo due to thick and clumsy fingers this
morning.  Sorry for that.

>  274 was and will stay mutt from 28th of march.  Shee, it is really
> blushing how many DSAs there were released this year already. You guys
> rock!  (mentioned far too little)
>
>  Still, this leaves us with two DSA 374 now.

The proper action is to move the node DSA to 375-1 and insert the
pam_swb DSA as 374.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessarily a good idea.