Re: DSA sorting

Hi,

sorry for the late reply.

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 04:39:23PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> I noticed that www.debian.org/security/ is not sorted by archive of security
> alerts anymore but, as Alfie pointed out, a sorted list of alerts and
> updates.
>
> Personally, I don't like the list reordered with updates to older alerts but
> like the page contain the sorted list of advisories, however, the advisories
> itself should be updated to reflect the most recent update.

I implemented the change after someone filing a bug that he can not
see from the page where the most recent changes happened. I found
this reasonable and so changed it. We can revert this behavior at once
(it's like two smart_change.pl calls away, one for /, one for
security/).
The only problem is to decide if "we" want this. I will leave this to
the "regulars" here... (but am of course willing to defend my
position if needed :))

Gruesse,
--
*** Frank Lichtenheld <frank@lichtenheld.de> ***