some comments on www.debian.org bugs

Hi.

Some open bugs for www.debian.org and my comments.
Other opinions welcomed.

Important bugs - outstanding

     * #195105: packages.debian.org: search_packages: search is
       (temporarily) broken
       Package: www.debian.org; Severity: important; Reported by: "John
       R. Daily" <jdaily@progeny.com>; Tags: unreproducible; 78 days old.

Will close this, as it hasn't happened since then and it's just
pointless to leave it open.

Normal bugs - outstanding

     * #174335: no boot floppies for testing
       Package: www.debian.org; Reported by: Zefram <zefram@fysh.org>;
       231 days old.

I would say, close this. The testing images are mentioned at /CD/ and
I don't see what more information is needed.

     * #176437: www.debian.org: URL checker not checking
       Package: www.debian.org; Reported by: Larry Gilbert
       <larry@l2g.to>; 214 days old.

Has anyone the scripts that where used for this and can make them
publicy available? Or are there any reasons why we would not have
a URL checker?

Minor bugs - outstanding

     * #134606: devel/people: name attributes are not unique
       Package: www.debian.org; Severity: minor; Reported by: Matt Kraai
       <kraai@debian.org>; Tags: patch; 1 year and 177 days old.

Someone with rights and time needed to check the patches...

     * #141692: the subscription limit
       Package: www.debian.org; Severity: minor; Reported by: Josip Rodin
       <joy@gkvk.hr>; 1 year and 128 days old.

Marked by Joy as a reminder... ;)

     * #142908: related_links: Debian implements GNU, doesn't just take
       utils from
       Package: www.debian.org; Severity: minor; Reported by: Ben Finney
       <bignose@zip.com.au>; 1 year and 121 days old.

I don't really know if the statement in the bug is true. Opinions?
If it is true it should be simple to provide a patch, if not, let's
close the bug.

     * #193106: bugs.debian.org: what defaults on /Bugs page?
       Package: www.debian.org; Severity: minor; Reported by: Dan
       Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org>; 93 days old.

I would say: close it. No other complains about this than Dan Jacobson...

Wishlist items - outstanding

     * #186655: more info needed for web page on unsubscribe
       Package: www.debian.org; Severity: wishlist; Reported by: Osamu
       Aoki <osamu@debian.org>; 139 days old.

Much of this was included in Joy's changes. Is this bug obsolete or
is there something important missing?

     * #202158: devel/people should list co-maintained packages as well
       Package: www.debian.org; Severity: wishlist; Reported by: Martin
       Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>; Tags: patch; 25 days old.

Someone with rights and time needed to check the patches...

Gruesse,
--
*** Frank Lichtenheld <frank@lichtenheld.de> ***
          *** http://www.djpig.de/ ***