Re: http://www.debian.de/releases/stable/installmanual

On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 11:35:58AM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> > +++ releases/woody/installmanual.wml	Fri Aug 15 14:26:13 2003
> >  eingestellt haben, können Sie den obigen Link verwenden, um
> >  automatisch die richtige HTML-Version zu bekommen -- siehe auch
> > +#HK: <setlang> ist empty on the Website!
>
>  ... this <setlang> tag, I'm not sure where it comes from. Has anyone an
> idea which include is missing here?

It existed before... "How to set the default document language" IIRC.
It's now

I guess we should simply reinsert it in its current form, since it's changed
from before. Not much point restoring a tag for something so simple. And it
may not even be suitable in all languages.

> > +#HK: plain text -> reiner Text
> >  <: &permute_as_matrix('install', keys %langsinstall); :>
>
>  This seems to be hardcoded into the english/releases/*/release.data
> file.
>
>  a) Why is this duplicated (currently only for potato and woody, but
> this is going to increase which every release) -- I sugguest moving it
> to maybe english/releases/generalrelease.data or such.

Look more closely into it -- the scripts depend on parsing all of the
entries in the array for each distro, so moving the data out would require
adding new arrays for each of them to make a note which distros exist and
adjusting data handling appropriately. Not much work, but why? There's no
pressing reason.

>  b) Why isn't there any <gettext> around it?

None of the tags in release.data are translatable, except pehraps
$formats{txt} => which says "plain text". I guess you could gettextize that
one.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.