Re: An open letter to the open source community about the security of open source pr
- To: Gerfried Fuchs <email@example.com>
- Cc: Robert@towers.org.uk, J.Chassell@towers.org.uk, <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Horms <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: An open letter to the open source community about the security of open source pr
- From: MJ Ray <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 16:32:54 +0000
- Message-id: <[🔎] email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 2003-12-12 15:48:11 +0000 Gerfried Fuchs <email@example.com> wrote:
When speaking about "facts" you know that Microsoft calls their
initiative "shared source", not "open source", do you?
I am sure you can find cases where that is not true. Not everyone
speaking of "open source" speaks of "OSI Certified Open Source" or
whatever the cumbersome phrase is.
Still, the original thread was never about this [...]
Yes, please someone make concrete suggestions on the original point.
It is easy to write "we should work together" but harder to write how.
If you want to argue on wording, please do it directly from now. I
think most people know most other participant's positions.
I think some
people are too sensitive on that topic.
There are reasons. For FSF's, please see "We speak about free
software" on their site.
And for what its worth, the free problem exist in german, too. Just as
a side node.
Did "kostenlos" and "gratis" become obsolete in German?
much better if Mail-Followup-To would become a real standard :-/
Please, write productive things instead of trying to fan two flames
with "if only... *sigh*". I am usually quite admiring of your work,
but this email wasn't as good as normal :-/
MJR/slef My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.
Please http://remember.to/edit_messages on lists to be sure I read
http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Creative copyleft computing services via http://www.ttllp.co.uk/