Re: Debian Server problems

        Hi!

 Thanks for your mails, I won't write one answer for each of you for
this would waste too much resources (both mine and mailservers).

 You noticed some problems with some Debian services. Unfortunately you
doesn't seem to have noticed on the various news sites which are linked
from [1] that some Debian machines got compromised and were thus
services were shut down to be able to inspect the incident more closely.

 So please be a little bit patient, most of the services are back again,
only gluck is missing on which cvs.debian.org, packages.debian.org and
people.debian.org are hosted.

 On [1] you also have a link to the original advisory which was sent
out and hit the archives already. I would strongly suggest to subscribe
to the debian-security-announce list at least.

 Thanks for your understanding,
Alfie

[1] <http://www.wiggy.net/debian/>
[2] <http://www.debian.org/News/2003/20031121>
[3] <http://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/debian-security-announce-2003/msg00211.html>
--
<Aquariophile> ist iptables eigentlich nur ein tool zum verhindern von
    aussenkonnecti,erungen auf gewissen ports oder ist iptables eine firewall?