Re: packages.debian.org down

* Etienne Perron <etienne.perron@gmx.ch> [2003-11-24 17:48]:
> just in case you did not notice:
> I can't connect to the "packages.debian.org" webpage since saturday.

 Just in case you didn't notice (not really meant too sarcastic, there
still seem to be people not having noticed it, unfortunately): Debian
machines got compromised. More on this can be read on various news sites
and in this announcement that was sent out:
<http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/files/fw/debian-announce.txt>

> I'd like to profit from this occasions to thank you guys for all your work.

 Thanks for your your support. Debian wouldn't be what it is without the
users and the great human "watchdog" in its back :)

> I couldn't imagine life without Debian.

 :)  You are not the only one.

 So long,
Alfie
--
...you might as well skip the Xmas celebration completely, and instead
sit in front of your linux computer playing with the all-new-and-improved