Re: Cannot search packages

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 06:07:51AM +0100, Peter Karlsson wrote:
> Using the http://packages.debian.org/something alias now returns an
> error:
>
>    Forbidden
>
>    You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/search_packages2.pl on
>    this server.
>
> The script is a symlink, perhaps the server is not set up to allow
> symlinks in that directory?

Matt probably edited and changed ownership of the original, which triggered
Apache's restriction. (He probably already replied to this mail but I don't
see it on the list yet.)

[joy@gluck:~/packages/cgi-bin]% diff -u search_packages search_packages2.pl
[joy@gluck:~/packages/cgi-bin]% ls -l search_packages search_packages2.pl
-rwxrwxr-x    1 kraai    debwww       8469 Jul  1 22:47 search_packages
-rwxr-xr-x    1 kraai    debwww       8469 Jul  1 23:24 search_packages2.pl

That, however, should be fixed. (Use a symlink or a hardlink.)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.