Re: My eMail on your list !

On Wed, 28 May 2003 08:40:10 +0200, Guillaume MULLER wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm spammed every day, so I decided to removed all my eMail addresses
> from the Web.  I already did it from all the web sites where I put the
> eMail addresses myself, but someone spoofed my eMail on one of your
> lists :

If the spam robots have your address, removing the message won't help any
more. Lists of spam email adresses are sold and you can't remove your
address from this lists. The only way to get rid of spam is to get a new
email address.

>  http://lists.debian.org/debian-security/2002/debian-security-200201/msg00554.html
>
> Please would it be possible to remove eMails addresses ? Or to removed
> this eMail since it is not really interesting nor posted by me (the real
> guillaume.muller_at_freesurf.fr).

This email lists are also available via a nntp interface. So they are on
various nntp servers all over the world. Most ISPs have their own nntp
server. So it won't be possible to remove it from all this servers.