Getting started

Hello Everyone,
Thought I should introduce myself to this list.

I have been using Debian for quite some time now and it is my preferred OS.
I do quite a bit of web maintenance work for various organizations and was
thinking the best way for me to give back to such a great project would be
to help out with the Debian website. As I have reasonable HTML knowledge
and basic PHP knowledge but not enough C/C++ knowledge to become a
project maintainer.

I was wondering what can I do to get started? So far I have subscribed to
this mailing list and have read the doc's at http://www.debian.org/devel/website/.

Do I need to register to be a Debian Developer or can I just obtain a CVS
username and password from somewhere?

At this stage I probably don't want to go writing lots of documentation
etcetera, however I'd be very happy to do small tasks such as fix dead
links and write the odd web page.

Many Thanks,
Braxton Neate

--