Re: Issue with language of web pages

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 03:55:23PM +0200, matt.bunter wrote:
> I have saved a bookmark for Debian from this link :
>
> http://www.uk.debian.org/index.en.html
>
> I would like to know what I have to do to ensure that I can continue reading the English webpages for Debian instead of being directed to French pages each time I click on a link.
>
> For example when I choose http://www.uk.debian.org/doc/ I get a French page.
>
> I am based in France and I presume that your web server realises this and takes the decision to display the French pages for each selection that I make.

No, he does not realise that your based in France, but gets a
request from your browser that states that your preferred language is
French.

You should be able to change this setting. We have a page with
information for the most common browsers (f.e. IE) at
http://www.debian.org/intro/cn
(you want probably directly go to http://www.debian.org/intro/cn.en.html)

hth,
	Frank Lichtenheld