Re: language autodetection: subsets like de-AT

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 04:22:16PM +0200, webograph wrote:
> >> ... i would suggest to instruct the language autodetection system to
> >> ignore the subset information.
>
> >... it wouldn't be "right" according to the content negotiation
> >documentation, iirc ...
> then it's not a 'Good Thing' - but why not give a hint to the users on
> /intro/cn/ ?

But I thought we do...

   We strongly recommend that you do not add country extensions to a language
   unless you have good reason. If you do add one, make sure you also include
   the language without the extension.

The first sentence is in <strong>, too, so it's hard to miss it.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.