Re: different libc6 versions show up on different web pages

reopen 187670
retitle 187670 testing-security version prefered over testing version even when lower
thanks

* Debian Bug Tracking System <owner@bugs.debian.org> [2003-04-05 11:18]:
> On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 08:07:24PM -0600, Jeffrey Austen wrote:
>> According to <http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/glibc.html> the version
>> of glibc, of which libc6 is a component, in testing is 2.3.1-16 but
>> according to
>> <http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=libc6&searchon=names&version=all&release=all>
>> the version of libc6 in testing is libc6 2.2.5-9.woody.3 which is not the
>> same.
>
> You must have caught the former before it updated; it now says
> that the version in testing is 2.2.5-9.woody.3.

 And that's not better, thats even bader.  The version in testing _is_
2.3.1-16.  The question is, _why_ this is happening.  I see that it
shows somehow the version of the security updates for testing instead of
the testing version on packages.debian.org.

 I really believe that 2.3.1-16 (from testing itself) is a higher
version number than 2.2.5-9.woody.3 (from testing security?) and
therefore should be prefered.

 I am not sure which script is misbehaving here (I guess
search_packages.pl itself), so I'm not sure (yet) how to fix it.  I'm
willing to take a look but that might take a little while.

 Still, this is a real bug, please don't close it unless the scripts are
fixed.

 Have fun,
Alfie
--