From: Josip Rodin <joy@debian.org>
Subject: Re: Automatic stats for translated pages
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 10:51:25 +0100
To: David Rios <drios@ne.com.co>

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 05:14:10PM +0600, David Rios wrote:
> As you can see, my name is David Rios and I'm from Colombia (South
> America); I was talking to Javier Fernandez (second coordinator - Debian
> web site translation to Spanish) about making a system to get statistics
> [1] for translated Debian manuals; he also told me that you developed that
> system.
> [1] http://www.debian.org/devel/website/stats

Well, it was actually Martin Schulze (who is joey@d.o) but I do happen to
know how it works.

The basis of this is the tagging of CVS revisions in the translations, as
described at http://www.debian.org/devel/website/uptodate So you can see
that there's no magic in it: it stattrans.pl simply parses all the files,
compares the versions and outputs the results.

If you need further information, please don't write to me personally but to

     2. That which causes joy or happiness.

----- End forwarded message -----

David Rios R.
Ingeniero de Desarrollo