Why no /CD/ link on / ?!

Hello,

I only noticed recently that the link to /CD/ (under "Getting Debian" in
the left-hand navigation) is gone from the main page. It has been replaced
by a link to /distrib/cd, which gives a subset of the information on /CD/
and then links to sub-pages of /CD/, for example to /CD/jigdo-cd/.

I must say I'm a little irritated by this, since I invested a lot of
thought into designing a /CD/ which IMHO provides all the information in an
easily parseable way and _in_one_place_.

Whoever changed the links on the main page seems to think that /CD/ sucks
badly, since they removed all links to it and "replaced" it with
/distrib/cd. Please explain!

IMHO, it would make sense to remove /distrib/cd altogether and to replace
the link on the main page with a link to "Debian on CD" (/CD/).

Cheers,

  Richard

PS: I only noticed this after getting a mail from a frustrated CD
downloader who complained about the site structure.
--
  __   _
  ¯ '` ¯