Re: package of the week

-- Gerfried Fuchs <alfie@ist.org> wrote:
>  And therefore you should just use links of the style:
> http://packages.debian.org/<packagename>

Willdo -- didn't know that worked.

> I am not really sure why you chose png for the
> r-project pictures, jpg should suffice, shouldn't it?

Because in this case (only two colors, with most of the image a solid
background color) the PNG were a lot smaller.  I could degrade the JPEG quality
down, but then it will look icky.  My thought was to use whichever of PNG/JPEG
was smaller.  Is there a problem with using PNG?

> It should also be decided what quality to use for
> them, to came up with a good impression/size ratio.

I just used the default from Imagemagick's import command, but you're right
this is configurable.  I'm not sure what the best ratio is; it may vary
depending on the image.

--Andre