extra stuff in the headers

Hi,

People were bothering me about favicon.ico again today, so let's do some
analysis. To get favicon.ico displayed, we need to add more stuff to the
headers. Current headers include:

<link rev="made" href="mailto:webmaster@debian.org";>
Last Modified: Thu, Jan 30 12:56:14 UTC 2003

If we have lang=en, why do we need Language meta tag? If we have rev=made
link tag, why do we need the Author meta tag? If we have the modification
stuff in the footer, why do we need the Modified meta tag? If we know the
wml version on www-master, and the date on the file, why do we need the
Generator meta tag? If we have Google, why do we need the Keywords and
Description meta tags which ignores them? :)

Or, OTOH, should we ignore the extra overhead and just keep on stuffing
more tags in there as people want them?

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.