Re: Status of new search engine

Craig Small:

>   - Non-latin1 people need to test it and let me know how it goes.

Even iso-8859-1 does not seem to be handled properly. I can search for
English words, but not for Swedish. You wrote that it uses UTF-8, does
it assume that *input* is UTF-8 as well? It almost seems like that,
since non-ASCII come out as question marks. Also, if the search script
assumes it will be fed UTF-8, you need to adjust the pages and/or forms
accordingly (either encode the page as UTF-8, or add an accept-charset
attribute to the <form> element).

--
\\//
Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/