News pages broken

Hi,

I am now translating 3.0r1 news into Japanese for webpage purpose.
During my task, I found that many news webpages in Japanese are
seriously broken.  For example,

  http://www.debian.org/News/2002/20020110.ja.html
  http://www.debian.org/News/2002/20020719.ja.html

In these pages, a long line which seems to be a Perl script
is displayed and the footer is also broken.

Curiously enough,

  http://www.debian.org/News/2001/20011105.ja.html

is not broken.  I found the difference between broken pages
and non-broken pages is that non-broken pages lack translation
version check line in their wml sources like:

  #use wml::debian::translation-check translation="1.4"

I found another curious point.  For example, German pages like

  http://www.debian.org/News/2002/20020719.de.html

are not broken while they have translation version check line.

I imagine there are some bugs in webwml/english/template/debian/news.wml
file and, when the news page is in Japanese (or other multibyte
languages?) and has translation-check line, the page is broken.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/