Re: Event calendar

Peter Karlsson said:
> Anyway, this gives me the opportunity to finally clean up the events
> pages that I've been waiting for - the dates are currently specified
> free-form, which means that they are written differently on different
> pages, and don't get auto-translated on the translated indices (like
> the news and security stuff do). Since the calendaring stuff would
> need standardized date headers, this seems like the golden opportunity
> to fix this once and for all... (ctime.wml hacking, oh happy happy joy
> joy <g>).

Sounds wonderful.  =)

Do you think it would be better to have the .ics file(s) as the original
sources of the information which are then parsed and converted to HTML
in one of the wml passes?  Or are you intending to munge and massage the
HTML into ICS?  Looking at a couple of sample .ics files I'm not sure
how you would generate the UID property of the VEVENT ...

  http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/caldata/USHolidays.ics

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."