Re: Review of www.debian.org

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 01:47:50AM +0200, Pieter-Paul Spiertz wrote:
>   "sid additionally stands for 'still in development'.

No, it doesn't :) That's misleading as well, because it's now marked as
_always_ in development.

> - http://www.nl.debian.org/doc/ is not updated.

Argh. Stupid default Apache. Will try to get this fixed ASAP.

> - Is this already merged or linked somewhere?
>   Dale Scheetz' Guide To Debian GNU/Linux:
>      http://www.polaris.net/~dwarf/

On /doc/user-manuals I believe.

> - I learned Debian myself somewhere in 1998 using
>   http://panic.et.tudelft.nl/debian/handleiding/ - but it seems
>   not ready for merging into other FAQs yet..

This was linked somewhere, I don't recall where any more though.
/doc/books ?

> - Got this one from debian-devel for the banners/buttons section:
>   http://www.linuks.mine.nu/volkany/logos.html

Most of it has copyright problems (Pixar movie screenshots). :/

> - Finally - I already read in the debian-www archive that there were
>   problems - cookies *were invented* for things like language selection.
>   This feature will take webserver cycles, but it would make navigating
>   a lot easier for non-English people. Really.

See http://www.debian.org/intro/cn for the explanation of the RFC-compliant
version of language selection.

Sorry for me being terse, I'm scrambling to get some other stuff fixed ATM,
I may reply to the rest later :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.