Re: Package info pages

* Bill Thiede <Bill@Xinu.Tv> [2002-10-21 11:20]:

 debian-user@lists.debian.org would be more appropriate.

>  I recently searched for the lilo/stable/x86 packed and on the
> page it sent me to http://packages.debian.org/stable/base/lilo.html it
> says the package requires libc6 (>= 2.2.4-4).  Then when installing I get:
>
> lilo depends on libc6 (>= 2.2.5-13); however:
>   Version of libc6 on system is 2.2.5-6.

 You seem to be trying to install lilo from testing/unstable.  That
version is the one that depends on libc6 >= 2.2.5-13, the version in
stable depends on >= 2.2.4-4.  Please doubleckeck your
/etc/apt/sources.list for entries about testing, sarge, unstable or sid,
and remove them.

> Clicking the link to the libc6 package from the lilo package page takes me
> to a page for libc6 2.2.5-6.  I just wanted to point out that something is
> not updating the package pages correctly.

 The packages pages are correct, your system seems to be the problem.

 Have fun,
Alfie
--
There are many times when you want it to ignore the rest of the string just
like atof() does.  Oddly enough, Perl calls atof().  How convenient.  :-)