Re: Debian WWW CVS commit by joss: webwml/english/international index.wml

* Josip Rodin <joy@gkvk.hr> [2002-10-13 01:39]:
> On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 01:25:44AM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
>> Oh, sorry.
>> It should be fixed now.
>
> Except that you didn't upgrade the translation-check revisions, so the
> translators still have to go and bump the numbers. :) It's tricky, I know...
> but don't worry.

 Don't follow Josips words too closely.  Please only update the
translation-check version if the version is up to date.  Yes, this could
be read implied in what Josip writes but it should be emphasised anyway.
Sometimes I stumble upon versions of files in the german translations
that doesn't seem to be up to date with the english version but still
have a synced translation-check header.

 So, if you *really* want to help, this is how I do it usually:

 -) Take a look at the english version.
 -) Now change everything.
 -) Take a look at the versions to which the translations are in sync,
    and if they line up with the english version increase it by one.
 -) Again, *only* increase it if the version lines up with the current
    english one.
 -) commit it all together:  cvs ci -m'my changes' */foo/bar/baz.wml

 I hope this is clear enough, and not too hard to remember :)

 Ah yes, and while I am talking to you already, Josselin:

 In the todo items you seem to be using <br><br> quite often.  This is a
very bad idea: <br><br> should be (and is) rendered by some browsers as
a single line.  You should rather use <p> for that.

 So long,
Alfie
--
Defaults sind dazu da von DAUs ignoriert zu werden und damit die
Support-Stellen (aka #debian.de) zu verwirren.