Re: translations on packages.debian.org

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 06:49:46PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 06:38:12PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> > I start to patch packages.debian.org to supporting of translated
> > descriptions again.
> >
> > I am not ready yet, but maybe you are interested.
> >
> > Go to http://ddtp.debian.org/packages.debina.org/ and you will find all
> > pages with content negotiation like the debian homepage.
> >
> > Is this start Ok or have you some improvements or comments?
>
> Well, it would help if you had *.en.html files everywhere, combined with
> actual German etc translations for index.*.html files :)

Miss I some *.en.html files? Maybe I don't understand this, sorry?!

> I wonder how can we organize translating this. Probably with a new module in
> the webwml cvsroot, to which we could commit the Perl stuff, too...
>
> Oh, and you can use the translated navigation bar images, too, just add the
> language code in the file like for the HTML files, e.g. getting.de.gif.

Yes. This pages are only the first step. The next is to translate all
the 'static' text in the pages.

Should I use a text.$lang.pl file (like htmlscripts/sections.pl) or is
gettext better?

And we have a problem with the search cgi... The Output from
	http://ddtp.debian.org/cgi-bin/packages.debian.org/search_packages.pl?keywords=apache&searchon=all&subword=1&version=stable&release=all
is not very nice. And now I add only six languages...

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
 Win0.98 supports real multitasking - it can boot and crash simultaneously.