Re: space in a link

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 10:36:53PM +0200, Peter Karlsson wrote:
> Matt Kraai:
>
> > In the future, please specify in which language the problem occurs.
>
> We tend to have this problem (not specifying the language) a lot. Perhaps we
> should create some kind of "Bug report this page" on the pages that would
> send the user to a form with the page (with language) already filled in, or
> something?

The current instructions consist of the following:

 * a link at the bottom of the page in small text, which states

    See the Debian contact page for information on contacting
    us.

   , and

 * a section entitled `Problems with Debian infrastructure' at
   the bottom of that page, which contains the following text:

    To report a problem with a Debian service, you can usually
    report a bug against the appropriate pseudo-package.

    Alternatively, use e-mail to contact them:

    Web pages editors
     debian-www@lists.debian.org

Before adding a form, we should improve these instructions and
see if that eliminates the problem.  I think we should add the
following section to the contact page[1] (preferably near the
top):

 Problems with the Debian web site

 To report a problem with the Debian web site, report a bug[2]
 against the www.debian.org pseudo-package or e-mail
 debian-www@lists.debian.org.  Please include the language and
 URL of the page containing the problem.

 To help fix a problem, please see our web site editing
 instructions[3].

Matt

1. http://www.debian.org/contact
2. http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting