Re: Old Berlin mailing list archives

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 01:10:02AM -0800, Nathaniel Smith wrote:
>   The Berlin project (http://www.berlin-consortium.org) is going
> through a big site reorganization, project rename, etc., and as part
> of the effort I'm trying to put together a canonical archive of the
> project's mailing list discussions.  Unfortunately, my predecessors left
> things rather unorganized, and most of our earlier mailing list
> archives are missing, or only available in processed html format.  So
> I was wondering -- for quite some time (until around April 2001, I
> believe) our main list was berlin-design@lists.debian.org, and you
> guys keep archives of the lists you host.  The Berlin list is no
> longer on your list of archives[1], but I figure there's a chance that
> you guys might still have the information around somewhere; and if you
> do happen to have a compressed mbox sitting around somewhere gathering
> dust, I'd be overjoyed to take it off your hands.  I know it's
> something of a long shot, but it would make my job much easier if it
> does happen to pay out :-).

I could only find 2.1MB of compressed berlin-design archives, from August
1998 till March 2000. Want me to mail you that?

Note that it _might_ be possible to find more list archives on another
Debian list host that only listmaster@debian.org people have access to
(that's a different alias than this one). Try asking them, too (but don't
expect a swift reply :).

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.