some legal terms in the new disclaimers

Hi,

Please explain these so I (and others) can translate in
www.d.o/MailingLists/disclaimer:

"all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness"

I can understand an implied warranty of fitness, but merchantability? How
exactly do we implicitely guarantee that the stuff on the mailing lists is
sellable? :)

"of any kind whatsoever"

Isn't merely "of any kind" or "whatsoever" enough?

"loss of use"

I simply have no idea what this means in this context :)

"use or performance of [...] information"

Can we say "quality" instead? This sounds very odd to me.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.