Re: package info: homepage url

On Tue 05 Mar 2002 15:56, gergely.bellus@essnet.se wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just miss the package's homepage URLs on their (package) pages. Could you
> please put it there ?

	That information depends on the developer. If the developer put the homepage
in the Description of the package (see rat:
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/rat.html), the WML magic adds
hypertext to the URL. But if the developer does not include the page where
get the upstream package, you'll have to download the package, and look into
/usr/share/doc/package/copyright, where this information is stored.

	By the way, I've always thought that the presence of a field with upstream
URL should be mandatory in Debian packages (like Source0: field in RPM, not
mandatory, but existant).

		Ender.
--
 Why is a cow? Mu. (Ommmmmmmmmm)