Re: events reports

* Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> [2002-12-20 22:27]:
> Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>>  I know that reports for the events are a good thing.  Unfortunately
>> they are not promoted correctly.  So I thought why not adding links to
>> them from the events overview pages directly?
>
> I don't understand.  Could you explain a little bit more verbose?

 I think a link next to the event entry in the overview list to the
report for that event would help people to actually _notice_ that there
is a report.  Currently they have to guess if there is a report
somewhere, go into that event page and find the link.

 What I am willing to change is to have a link right in the overview
page like on <http://www.debian.org/events/2002/> and e.g.:

[January 30th - February 1st] LinuxWorld Conference and Expo, New York, USA -- Report

 That Report at the end should be a gettext string and a link to the
report directly.  This change will also change the layout of the single
pages slightly because the report must be handled differently and not be
included in the further links anymore.  Having it at the top with the
other information is a good idea imho.

 So long,
Alfie
--
<Alfie> Ja, das ist ja das Problem.  Viele Leute glauben einen Menschen nach
        dem üblichen Hick-Hack hier herinnen beurteilen zu können.