Re: po files in webwml

On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 01:12:31AM +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:
> > Right, doc/manuals.defs (line 119) is the intended sentence.
> > I found that %s is substituted by fixed (not variable) text.
> > I don't know the reason.
>
> See Josip's answer to my commit, he thinks that markup should
> be avoided in PO files because this is error prone.  This is
> debatable, it is true that quotes and other special characters
> are harmful under certain circumstances.

No, I was not referring to that -- I was referring to translators who
fuck things up. For example, translate the link or the name of the program.

IMO the right fix here is to implement the $ stuff in perl's %s so that we
can use it like we can use it in C programs, but hey...

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.