Re: [devel-ref] author/homepage in description

* Adam DiCarlo <adam@onshored.com> [2002-12-10 09:05]:
>> It's pretty much trivial for me to code support for a new field,
>> and I certainly promise to do this if the field is implemented.
>
> I notice packages.debian.org is responsible for about 50% of the bugs
> on www.debian.org.  Is anyone working on this?  Where is the packages
> CGI found, in case, say, in a bored or annoyed moment I wanted to help
> by making patches for open bugs?

 I don't know who wrote the thing you cited (you failed to provide a
reasonable attribution line).  But maybe you misunderstood that
statement:

 The patch for the scripts that do the packages.debian.org pages is
trivial to do, _once_ the field is implemented in the packages themself.
That means the field must be added to the package policy first and
incorporated into dpkg and such, I guess.  When that is done I guess
almost everyone on this list might be able to add the scripts that
pollute the packages pages.

 So long,
Alfie
--
"The reason why worry kills more people than work is that more people worry
 than work."