Re: Event calendar

Andrew Shugg:

> Sounds wonderful.  =)

I'll see when I can get around to do it.

> Do you think it would be better to have the .ics file(s) as the original
> sources of the information which are then parsed and converted to HTML
> in one of the wml passes?

No, I don't think that's wise because it would mean that we would lose
the possibility to have tags and stuff in the HTML pages. I was
thinking about a script that would extract the info from the WML files
themselves. I'm not sure whether it can be done from inside the WML
framework (since the output is not even resembling HTML), though.

> Looking at a couple of sample .ics files I'm not sure how you would
> generate the UID property of the VEVENT ...

Hmmm, icalendar seems to add the UID, it is not required in vcalendar.
But since we already have a short identifier that are unique inside our
event pages, taking that and adding a @events.debian.org or something
ought to be enough.

--
\\//