Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 05:13:01PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Maybe the one in Austria, because it's the top of that list of mirrors.

(I thought it would be clear that Austria is at the top because the list is
sorted alphabetically... I am aware of the problem with people who click the
first link they encounter regardless of what the link points to, but I don't
believe that this can be fixed to accomodate those. :)

> But maybe instead, back at debian.org's front page, you picked the
> "Getting Debian" link instead. Only to end up on a page that links to cd
> vendors and "downloading over the Internet". Ok, the latter. But it points
> to a page that only lets one download unnofficial netinst iso images,
> which are of varying quality, and well, unnoficial. And this second path
> (or rather, cul-de-sac) to a debian CD is entirely independant of the one
> described above. The website offers two ways to do the same thing, and
> neither works at all well.

This should now be fixed. Please check the front page's section on Getting
Debian again, and the Getting Debian web page itself.

http://www.debian.org/

http://www.debian.org/distrib/

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.