http://www.debian.org/distrib/ftplist

Very, very, very strange: this is supposed to tell me how to get Linux...yet, there is not a single link anywhere on this site that will actually enable me to download the file(s).  You provide a link to a page about mirrors (and there is no link there to download), network installation (and there is no link there to download), CD images [whatever that is] (and there is no link there to download), ad nauseum.  Tell me- why, when I read your information about downloading Linux, can't I find anything about how to download it?