Re: PATCH: people.pl

* Josip Rodin <joy@gkvk.hr> [2002-11-28 13:00]:
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 11:44:11AM +0100, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>>  That wouldn't be a fix but a change in the content of the page which
>> wasn't my intent.
>
> My point was that the content is flawed. The syntax error is just a
> byproduct.

 Yes, right -- but that byproduct could still take a fix, couldn't it?

* Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au> [2002-11-28 21:25]:
> IMO they should be anchored by the Debian username.

 What about the sponsored packages?  There are quite some which don't
have a debian account yet.

 Still the problem exists:  As long as we don't find a different
solution that wouldn't require doubled entries we still have the need to
eliminate the doubled anchors.  I am not convinced that anyone will come
up with a useful "fix" that would take care of both: having a more
unique string for the anchor that is _really_ unique.

 Can't we apply the suggested patch in the meantime?  I don't think the
problem will be solved within a reasonable time in which we still have
that broken files online...

 So long,
Alfie
--
  * The "No, I don't think I actually want any of what upstream is
    smoking" release