Re: Quick help

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 09:33:44PM -0800, Brian Nelson wrote:
> Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> > Debian web site is full of information but it is overwhelming to most of
> > the new visitors.  We need some short introduction to how to get Debian
> > installed onto user's system. Also to reduce ISO-image downloading by RH
> > users.
>
> Nice idea.

Thanks.   I need someone to help me to fix CD list section.

> > I made a simple 1 page "Quick Guide to Debian" as a thought experiment.
> >
> >         http://people.debian.org/~osamu/newbie.html
> >
> > If others agree, I would like to put a link on the top left of web page
> > as "Quick Guide" or "Newbie/Help" to this type of web page.
>
> Perhaps put a link to it in the "Getting Starting" section on the main
> page?  I think that section could use some help.

You mean "Getting Debian" section?

     Getting Debian
      Debian on CD
      Download
      Debian Packages

> > I know contents are rough but with the feedback from you, I hope I can
> > crystallize nice page (eventually webwml, currently bare HTML)
>
> Looks pretty good so far.

Thanks. With the help of David Sewell and weblint, I updated HTML.
David (Editor of Debian Reference) is always great

Osamu

        Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>   Cupertino CA USA, GPG-key: A8061F32
 .''`.  Debian Reference: post-installation user's guide for non-developers
 : :' : http://qref.sf.net and http://people.debian.org/~osamu
 `. `'  "Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software" --- Social Contract