Re: many dead links on the Debian books page!!!

* Roland Riegler <rriegler@access.unizh.ch> [2002-11-07 10:22]:
> no further comment. Please correct that.
> thanks

 Well, thank you for your nice message.  Which links do you refer to?
Our linkcheck just reports the following five links.

http://www.mcp.com/detail.cfm?item=0672317451 : Error = (500) Server Error
http://www.mcp.com/detail.cfm?item=0672317001 : Error = (500) Server Error

 For this two it can't find an DNS entry.

http://www.newriders.com/ : Error = (405) Method Not Allowed

 Uhm, I can reach that one currently and see no problem there.

http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~j09g/linux/debian_buch.html : Error = (404) Not found

 That's right, that one was removed.  I'll remove it from the page.

http://www.borders.com/ : Error: site uses a non-compliant server. Not checkin

 That page gets redirected to amazon, amazon seems to have bought
borders.  Shall we change that link?

 No, Roland -- where are the many broken links?  Could you please
enlighten us a little more with what you mean?

 Thanks in advance,
Alfie
--
So ist das Leben eben: Es muss Beben geben, ab und zu.
Noch eben standst Du in der Sonne -- uuh, da kommt der Regen