Re: Button

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 02:38:53AM -0500, Mike Paul wrote:
> Attached is a redrawn version of one of the buttons on the Debian
> logos page.  I liked the button and wanted to use it on my website,
> but the word "Debian" and the swirl looked like they had been scaled
> down from large bitmaps, because their anti-aliasing didn't look very
> good - the swirl was fringed with grey - and the image had been saved
> as a gif so so some color clarity was lost.  So I got out xfig and
> exported the logo elements at their proper size, and made a cleaner
> version of the button.
>
> I'm sending you a small Gimp image that can be used to produce a gif
> or a png or whatever is needed.

Hmm. I never got around to investigating this, and it's been almost a year. :)

The images look very similar on my screen -- maybe I should just link your
XCF file on the page?

Note that you also seem to have used a slightly crippled version of the logo
for it -- the one that has a portion cut off at the left hand side.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.