Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 189-1] New luxman packages fix local root exploit

On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 18:10:06 +0100 (CET)
joey@infodrom.org (Martin Schulze) wrote:

> iDEFENSE reported about a vulnerability in LuxMan, a maze game for
> GNU/Linux, similar to the PacMan arcade game.  When successfully
> exploited it a local attacker with read write access to the Memory,
> leading to a local root compromise in many ways, examples of which
> include scanning the file for fragments of the master password file
> and modifying kernel memory to re-map system calls.

While trying to translate this DSA, I got stuck at this sentence: "When
successfully exploited it a local attacker with read write access to the
Memory" - it doesn't make sense, should "with" be replaced with "gains"?

--
Regards, Kaare - <http://www.nightcall.dk/>