Re: web subscription pages problem

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Josip Rodin wrote:

> I used <button> because the HTML 4 specification said it was not allowed to
> have two <input type=submit>s in one form. I may have misread it, though, I
> didn't read it too carefully, I just went with the other version.

Whats the whole discussion about? This is simply false:
<cite
src="http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#submit-button";>

buttons
    Authors may create three types of buttons:

* submit buttons: When activated, a submit button submits a form. A form
may contain more than one submit button.
[...]

Authors create buttons with the BUTTON element or the INPUT element.
[...]
    Note. Authors should note that the BUTTON element offers richer
rendering capabilities than the INPUT element.

</cite>

The important part is: 'BUTTON element or the INPUT element', there is no
further difference.
I can also show it on the DTD, if wanted.

just my 2 cent,
	Frank

BTW: I'm on the list, no cc: needed.

--