Archive Management

Hi

I realise that I may not be too popular in asking this question but I
thought I'd try anyway.

I notice that throughout all of the Debian mail archive all of the
e-mail addresses of the people who send mail to the Debian lists are
preserved in the archive.  I get a lot of spam.  A number of us have
tracked the source of the spam from the Debian project.  Not from the
people who support it or work on it but from the people who use the
archive to farm e-mail addresses for spam.

Would it not be possible to just do what we did with our own archive
at ...

http://www.ctanet.fr/~sheflug/index.html

if you have a look through this you will see that all the e-mail
addresses have been removed or altered.  It was easy to do this.  We
took the idea from the XFCE mailing list archive.

I do hope that someone will take me seriously. The level of spam is
rising in general and it is even being used in a malicious way to
have a go at computers and users alike.

--
Thanks

Richard