Re: Removal of Email Address

* Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org> [2002-09-02 10:46]:
> On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 11:01:40AM -0500, Cesar Mendoza wrote:
>> <a HREF="mailto:xmarmol@DOMAIN.HIDDEN";>xmarmol@xxxxxxxxxxxx</a>
>>
> 	This does not seem very useful. Do you mean that:
>
> joe@somewhere.com
>
> 	would change into

 Well, as I understand it it would change into

 with no chance for a user reading the webarchives to mail such a dude :/

> 	E-mail mangling should be a little more intrusive so as to have users
> be able to retrieve the address while make it difficult to automate.

 Fully ACK.

> For example, the archives should mangle the previous address randomly
> to:
>
> - joe@somewhereDOTcom
> - joeREMOVEme@somewhere.com
> - joeATsomewhereDOTcomDOT
> - REMOVETHISjoeANDTHIS@somewhere.comANDTHIS

 Well, some people think they are funny if they add REMOVE into their
*real* mail addresses to make some robots remove it and thus make it a
broken address.  That's why I dislike random changes, they might lead to
misunderstandings...

 Just a thought,
Alfie
--
Well, enough clowning around.  Perl is, in intent, a cleaned up and
summarized version of that wonderful semi-natural language known as