Re: Removal of Email Address

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 02:04:32PM +0200, Davide Puricelli wrote:
> > This was posted to a Debian Project mailing list. These mailing lists are
> > public forums using SMTP (e-mail), and they are freely distributed to
> > thousands of subscribers around the world, as well as to several web page
> > archives. It is our policy to keep the archives of these e-mails on the web.
> > We don't remove anything from the archive, in order to keep the archive
> > complete and pristine. Note also that Google, Geocrawler.com and other sites
> > keep such archives.
> >
> > Further explanation is available at
> >         http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/disclaimer
>
> I'm sorry Joy, but in this case I have to disagree; as you can see he
> didn't post any message to -legal, but his address was CCed by Javier:
> probably he wasn't aware of our disclaimer and Javier did it without asking.
> Disclaimer said "By sending an email to such a public forum, you agree
> to public distribution of your article." but actually he didn't send
> anything.

Read the rest of the disclaimer, it also says:

Debian disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on its
mailing lists, whether posted by Debian or others; this disclaimer includes
all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness.  In no event shall
Debian be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages, or
damages of any kind whatsoever, resulting from loss of use, data or profits,
arising out of or in connection with the use of any information posted on a
Debian mailing list.

By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that it
owns the copyright with respect to such material, has received permission
from the copyright owner, or that the material is in the public domain.
The posting party further warrants and represents that it otherwise has the
full and unencumbered right to post such material and that such posting will
not infringe any rights or interests of others.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.